Introducing Richard J. Dragon, DMD
Dr. Dragon graduated from Washington University School of Dental Medicine in Saint Louis, MO in 1982. He then served in the US Navy for three years at the Fallon Naval Air Station in Fallon, NV. In 1985, Dr. Dragon opened his private practice in Gardnerville, NV and has practiced there ever since. He and his wife, Barbara, also raised their three Nevada born sons in the beautiful Carson Valley and are enjoying watching their grandchildren grow!
Currently Dr. Dragon has the distinction and honor to serve on Dental boards and councils in addition to offering pro-bono care with the following organizations:
- Nevada Dental Association (NDA) - President-Elect, Executive Board
- American Dental Association (ADA) - Delegate representing Nevada
- Nevada State Board of Dental Examiners - Disciplinary Screening Officer
- NDA Council on Government Affairs Committee - member
- NDA Lobbyist - NV State Legislature
- Northern Nevada Dental Society - member
- Alpenglow Dental Study Club, Past-Director - subsidiary of the Seattle Study Club, a national organization, dedicated to the professional growth of local dentists (served 7 years).
- Adopt-A-Vet Service Provider - program providing free dentistry for our vets who need an extra hand.
- Compassion Community Clinic in Sparks, NV Dr. Dragon volunteer's his services there which provides free dental care for members in our communities who are in need.
- Inducted into the Pierre Fauchard Academy in 2016 for his service to the dental community
Dr. Dragon has completed a four year course in continuing education at The Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education located in Key Biscayne, Florida. The Pankey Institute is a unique educational experience offering advanced training for those dentists who strive to offer "Optimal Dental Care".
Optimal Dental Care Is:
- Personalized to your needs
- A caring attitude
- Taking the time to discover how well your entire oral system is functioning
- Complete examinations and treatment
- Asking questions and listening to your answers to understand you and your oral health needs
- Eliminating discomfort you may be experiencing - physically and emotionally
Contact us today to learn more about Dr. Dragon or to schedule a consultation.
Improve your oral health today at Dragon Dental